Stumbling around the web, I ran across this tidbit, which I am shamelessly stealing from the linked site. It just strikes me that there are some worthy principles articulated therein.
The Secret to Winning at Anything « Meditations on Meaning
1. Big dreams don’t succeed without support from others.
2. That support is most often manifested as faith, advice, or money.
3. There are many ways to get support, but the easiest way is to ask.
4. When you ask, make sure – more than anything – that you open your eyes.
5. You want people who support you for the fire in your eyes.
6. Where you’re at now will change… but that fire will likely endure.
7. People who support where you’re at today may not be there tomorrow.
8. But people who support the fire likely will be there forever.
9. This is the secret of support. But it isn’t a one-way street.
10. If you take it… if you get it… you must give it using the same criteria.
11. Whether or not you believe in karma, it’s always better to act as if you do!