Concepts to remember while healing and growing
[This appears to be from notes taken at a conference, probably in Anderson Indiana in the June prior to the post date]
1. The future is more important than the past.
- Focus in the past leads to depression.
- Focus too far ahead–leads to anxiety.
2. Life is in the going, not the arriving. (Enjoy the ride…) intentionally choose to grasp this moment. Faith is a companion on the journey.
3. What you see is what you get.
- Vision is essential for accomplishment and progress; if you have a limited vision you don’t get very far.
4. It’s never to late to do the right thing.
5. There is nowhere I can go and escape the love and grace of God that is given to me.
- Jeremiah 18:1-6 “Made, Marred, Mended”
- God’s essential nature is a salvage operation. “God, the junkyard dealer.”
6. God wants for us Life. Growth and healing, well-being.
- There are two opposing forces in life:
- a. Epigenesis: the tendency to heal, repair, grow, etc.
- b. The process of decay; second law of thermodynamics (entropy)
7. Where the action is in a person’s life is where God is most present and working for good (even if it’s a crisis).
- “God works most in our incompleteness”
- = the doorway through which God’s grace comes.
8. You will be most effective in helping another person at the point where you have been most wounded yourself.
(A. Kelly added this comment: God is not process; God is actively and relentlessly involved in the lives of all persons.)