Eleven Very Practical Things I’ve Learned Lately
(the hard way)
- You can never love someone too much.
- If you love someone, never worry about how often you tell them so. Better to make the mistake of saying it too much than leave them wondering.
- You can never give someone too many hugs, as long as you let them breathe and don’t do anything sexually inappropriate.
- You can never tell anyone enough times that you appreciate them.
- It is always right to say “thank you.”
- Saying “Please” is not only polite, sometimes it’s just something you have to do.
- You don’t always have to be the giver.
- It is true that it’s more blessed to give than to receive, but receiving probably won’t hurt you either.
- “Seventy times seven” is probably just a rough approximation on the low side.
- When Jesus says, “you must forgive” he means it.
- Everything, and I do mean everything, really does work all together for the good of those who love God even the least little bit.
Pastor Bob Buehler
Sunday, December 17, 2000 3:46 PM